Welcome to Southtown Yoga Loft! We are so happy to have you! Here are a few helpful hints to a wonderful practice:
- Give yourself ample time before class. Parking can be a little tricky, but fear not! You can park on the side streets around the studio, just be sure to read the signs. You may see “Event Parking" signs; these generally apply to First Friday, but pay close attention to what’s going on throughout the day and at night. Also, please steer clear of parking in neighboring businesses' spots.
- Wear something you can move freely and feel fantastic in! We recommend stretchy materials in any form: short, cropped, or long pants, a tank top or a T-shirt – Find what you’re most comfortable in. We don’t offer hot yoga but keep in mind that it can get warm in the studio, not to mention you’ll be heating up your body from the inside!
- Need a towel? No problem! You can rent one for $1.
- Speaking of heat: Be sure to bring a water bottle so you can stay well hydrated. We have a water fountain you can help yourself to as well as coconut water and Crave juices available for purchase.
- Eat a little snack about an hour or two prior to class: a protein bar, a piece of fruit, or any other light snack. You don’t want your tummy growling at you, but you don’t want to be too full either.
- Bring your beautiful self and a mat if you own one. If not, you may use one of ours as well as blocks, blankets, bolsters, and straps free of charge.
- Once you’re on your mat…Relax! You’re here! Remember this is your practice, so do what feels right for you today. Flow at your own pace, take breaks when needed, and, most importantly, breathe!
- If you’re unsure which class to start with, we suggest the “Beyond Basics,” Ayuryoga, or Slow Flow class. We also offer a basic beginners series every couple of months, so be sure to check our class schedule.
- If you’d like to stay updated with everything going on here at the studio, be sure to sign up for our monthly newsletter! We keep you posted on workshops, new classes, schedule changes, events, and more.
- Say hi to the smiling face at the front desk. We will answer any questions you may have!
- Arrive ahead of time
- Remove your shoes before entering the studio
- Be mindful of your noise level
- Notify your teacher of injuries
- No chewing gum
- Respect your teachers and your fellow students
- Plan to stay to the end of class
- Clean your space
- Exit quietly