No media download found.Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training at SYL
We aim to support teachers so they can empower women during the incredible stage of life that is pregnancy and early motherhood. Graduates of our training program will be prepared to support their students through each trimester of pregnancy and the postpartum period with yoga movement (asana), meditation, breathing, and Ayurvedic wisdom.
With the tools learned in this training, teachers will be able to create a healthy, nurturing environment in their classes where women can feel confident, supported, and relaxed.
* Anatomy and physiology of each stage of pregnancy and the postpartum period
* Modifications of classical asana for each stage of pregnancy
* Safe, healthy movement for pregnancy
* Using yoga to prepare for labor and birth
* Movement for mother and baby in the postpartum period
* Meditation, pranayama (breathing), and other yogic techniques for relaxation and well-being
* Understanding the important role of a prenatal yoga teacher as a part of a mother's health and support team
* Creating a nurturing environment for mothers
* Using the wisdom of yogic philosophy specifically for the needs of pregnant women
2017 Training Schedule
Weekend 1: July 7, 8, 9
Weekend 2: July 14, 15, 16
Weekend 3: July 28, 29, 30
Weekend 4: August 4, 5, 6
Early Registration - $1045 + $350 nonrefundable deposit (Paid in full on or before May 1, 2017.)
Regular Registration - $1145 + $350 nonrefundable deposit (Registration deadline June 15, 2017.)
Payment plans available upon request.
Lauren Mason, E-RYT 200, RPYT
Norma Balli-Borrero, RYT 200
Valerie Lopez, Childbirth Educator & Doula
The Healthy Pregnancy Book by William and Martha Sears Yoga Mama, Yoga Baby by Margo Bachman The Female Pelvis by Blandine Calais-Germaine The Secret Power of Yoga by Nischala Joy Devi